In one of my last posts I mentioned that I totally love Blogilates with Cassey Ho. She is not only perfectly fit but also kind of an health advocate. In one of her videos she first introduced me to the concept of clean eating. It is not a diet but a life style to help people get lean and stay so. I was hooked and bought The Eat-Clean Diet Recharged by Tosca Reno. Now I am adopting clean eating into my life. Basically that means:
- To avoid sugar and white flour (Oh my!).
- Having breakfast every day (I really didn’t in the past).
- Eating up to six small meals every day that are a combination of lean protein and complex carbohydrates as well as healthy fats (If I can get the hang of it, so can you).
- Drinking 3 liters of water every day (Boy, that means more runs to the potty.).
- Adhering to proper portion sizes (Using handfuls to help you eat maybe less but enough that you don’t get hungry).
Sooooo long story short. Here is the result of the lunch I cooked today. Clean Quinoa and Avocado Salad with Exotic Chicken. It really tasted fabulously fresh.
For the Quinoa and Avocado Salad please visit The Gracious Pantry, where I got this recipe.
Recipe for the Exotic Chicken:
Ingredients (serves 2):
2 chicken breast, 2 gloves of garlic finely chopped, 2 tsp honey, juice of 1/2 lime, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp nutmeg, 1 fresh ginger the length of the first joint of your thumb peeled and grated.
I put all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and into the fridge over night. So that means you have to prepare it beforehand. I roasted the chicken breast only in a pan using one tbsp of olive oil until it became golden brown and honey caramelized.
What do you think? It’s a fab meal to start into spring giving you all the energy you need, isn’t it?
Also, stay tuned for an update on my weight loss journey.