If you are wondering what you should do with the remaining colored Easter eggs, why not make an egg salad with avocado. I came up with this recipe using only ingredients that I had at home and of course because I had left over eggs in my fridge.
You’ll need (serves 4):
- 4 hard-boiled eggs (using egg whites only from 2 eggs), peeled
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 tbsp plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tbsp low-fat cream cheese
- the juice of 1/2 a lime
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Chop the eggs and the avocado into little chunks and add into a medium bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix it all up with a fork.
Tip: You can add some chopped green or other onion. As I don’t like raw onions, I didn’t use them.
I like my egg salad with a sandwich using a whole-wheat sunflower seed bread. You can also dip rinsed and cut vegetables.
What are you doing with your remaining Easter eggs?