I just recently discovered Sweet Potatoes. I mean their delicious taste. I knew they existed but they never made it into my kitchen. Here is one simple way to prepare them.
Ingredients (serve 4):
- 750 g Sweet Potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500 g low fat curd
- 2 tbsp low fat milk
- one handful of fresh parsley and dill each
- 1 tsp thyme, rosemary and paprika each
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. You do not need to peel the sweet potatoes before you put them into the oven. But you should then definitely wash them and remove any little potatoey faults. Cut the potatoes into wedges, be sure they are approximately the same size, and add them to a large mixing bowl for which you own a lid, too.
3. Add the olive oil and the thyme, rosemary and paprika to the bowl. Put on the lid and shake it hard to mix the ingredients well. Take a baking tray and line it with baking paper (sweet potatoes tend to stick to the tray). Put in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Make sure you turn the potatoes after 15 minutes to guarantee that they are evenly baked.
4. In the meantime you can prepare the low fat curd in another mixing bowl. Add the curd and the milk. Cut the fresh herbs and add to the bowl as well as the salt and the pepper. Mix everything well.
5. When the sweet potatoes are done serve and enjoy.
Are sweet potatoes a staple in your kitchen? How do you prepare them?