Today I had a craving. I wanted pasta combined with a creamy sauce. But having such a craving doesn’t really align with the eat clean principles. EXCEPT you are going to use an avocado to make your pasta dish a creamy and healthy sensation.
This recipe is prepared in no time and only needs a small amount of ingredients. This makes it easy for beginners and is good for your wallet as well.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 200 g whole-wheat pasta (Spaghetti)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 40 g or 1.4 oz Parmesan cheese (grated)
- the juice of one lime or lemon
- 2 gloves of garlic (crushed)
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the pasta according to instructions on the packaging using a pot. Don’t forget to add some salt to the water.
2. Meanwhile peel the avocado (using a spoon) and add into a deep bowl. Add Parmesan cheese, lime or lemon juice and garlic. Blend the mixture using an immersion blender until you have a fine paste.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste as well as two tablespoons of pasta water. Stir together.
4. Strain the pasta of the water, e.g. using a sieve. Put pasta back in the pot and add the avocado paste. Fold in gently.
That’s it! Serve and enjoy your easy, fast and healthy meal.
Preparation and cooking time: 12 minutes, calories per serving: 390 kcal
Want to add a little protein? Use shrimp or salmon to serve with this dish.
A little side note on avocados: Most often they are not yet ripe when bought in the store. But don’t worry just put them in a paper bag at home to help them ripe quickly. But don’t forget to use them. 😉
Who doesn’t like pasta with a creamy sauce? Well, I do.